• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

New Weaponskills

Started by Ryudei, November 29, 2011, 12:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneKenT

WS look sick, hope damage sick too, lack of video is somewhat a bummer

Need to stop Entropy, little girls are turning to witches!!!

Ryudei

Yeah, these look siiiick.

FINAL FANTASY XI New Weapon Skills Unleashed

On a side note, Ken is getting weirder every day...

<3

Zerila

:o
Very acrobatic!
On a side note, the Mithra animation for Apex Arrow includes a neat little forward flip at the end. This means I now must level Ranger.

Also, Ken: being meguca is suffering.
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

LoneKenT

Jaw dropped on Hume staff  :o... wasn't impressed on Taru's  :(

Finally someone who understand me  :-*.. Not u, Zeri!!! Noogiess!!!

Ryudei

Aww man, it's a new merit category.  Max 15 points in the category and each WS can be upgraded a total of 5 times, ie if you want the WS to perform well you can only pick 3...  which sucks!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/17187-dev1049-New-weapon-skills

Ryudei

Kyuuketsuki

The h2h one looks pretty awesome... and polearm on mithra is neat! Swinging on the lance!

Ryudei

Yeah, Stardiver is frickin awesome on mithra.  I don't know which ones I'd piiiiick, much hand wringing to be had ;;  Depending on how big of an impact number of merits have...  5,5,5 or 3,3,3,3,3...  Or if they don't absolutely suck with just one merit maybe 5,5,1,1,1,1,1 or 3,3,3,3,1,1,1!?  I dunno if I could justify doing only one merit just for show if it doesn't have any practical value.  I guess there'll probably be procs >_>;

Areya

Gonna be some HARD choices for me.

The completionist in me will probably end up getting them ALL.  :/

Zerila

Not so bad for me... I'll be getting Axe, H2H and Polearm :P
Guess I don't have to level Ranger after all! :D
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

LoneKenT

Don't think these bad boiz gonna have aftermath/afterglow.
With that said, if these beat empyrean ws by a bit, should still stick with empyrean for ODD.
If these ws are on par with empyrean, relic gonna be top weapons.

For me prolly 5 dagger, 5 sword, 1 club, 1 staff, 1 gun... and the 2 leftover points somewhere between club/staff/gun

LoneKenT

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27156/dev1049-new-weapon-skills-yes-all-of-them

H2H: Shijin Spiral Five-Hit WS, Additional Effect: Plague. TP mods chance of Plague.
Dagger: Exenterator Four-Hit WS, Additional Effect: Accuracy Down. Duration of effect varies with TP.
Sword: Requiescat Five-Hit WS, Non-elemental damage. TP mods Attack (Not sure what it means by this)
Great Sword: Resolution Five-Hit WS, Damage varies with TP.
Axe: Ruinator Four-Hit WS, Accuracy varies with TP.
Great Axe: Upheaval Four-Hit WS, Damage varies with TP.
Scythe: Entropy Four-Hit WS, restores MP based on damage dealt. Damage varies with TP.
Polearm: Stardiver Four-Hit WS, lowers enemy critical hit evasion. Damage varies with TP.
Katana: Blade: Shun Five-Hit WS. TP mods Attack (Same characters as sword)
Great Katana: Tachi: Shoha Two-Hit WS. Damage varies with TP.
Club: Realmrazer Seven-Hit WS. Accuracy varies with TP.
Staff: Shattersoul Four-Hit WS. Lowers enemy magic defense. Chance of effect varies with TP.
Bow: Apex Arrow Triple Damage that ignores defense. Amount ignored varies with TP.
Marksmanship: Last Stand 1-2 Hits, based on ammo remaining. Damage varies with TP.

EDIT: In a Perusal of the JP wiki I've found out the descriptions for the new Sword and Katana WS TP mods have only ever been used before for Iron Tempest and Sturmwind in the JP version. It's exactly what it says on the tin: your attack is modded instead of your F.T.P. In the English version of the game, this distinction is not made and it simply says "Damage varies with TP" for those two weapon skills. It seems that they're taking into consideration that PLD and NIN may have hard times against enemies with high defense and thus made TP mod attack this time instead of F.T.P.

I might 5/5 club... and staff.... uggghhhh my grand plan on the previous post... ruined!!!
Can't decide ; ;

Areya

Man, Resolution..  5 hit Great Sword WS?  That would be beyond sick with a Ragnarok and its massive Attack boost.

Axe and GK ones on paper seem kind of boring actually...

Ryudei

I think you'll want to put 3 points in a ws at the very least, each point increases WSC by 0.2 reportedly which is huge.  I kinda want all of them too but it sounds like theyre worthless without sufficient merits.

LoneKenT

good news, these ws are getting nerf, so we can just put 1 point and get all ws

bad news, these ws are getting nerf, seem only soha thats worth getting so far

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/17245?p=241040#post241040

Areya

Can't say I'm surprised they're getting nerfed.

Not that I mind.  Since I want as many as possible.