• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

2012 Predictions

Started by Areya, January 01, 2012, 05:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

Happy New Year!  And now, here's some FFXI predictions for the new year:

SE will change their account system to require retinal scans and fingerprint ID to log into the game, as well as a 20-character password.

Level grinding returns when the level cap is increased to 120.  Level cap quests involve collecting 500 of a new item that drops off of HNMs, one at a time.

Blue Mages will become even more overpowered with the introduction of learnable spells such as ? ? ? Needles (up to 64000 damage!), Spike Flail, Perdition (Death!), and Teraflare.  Blue Mages also go insane trying to learn them.

Empyrean armor comes outdated thanks to new Onion armor that is easier to get and has superior stats, much to the chagrin of players.

Pushing difficulty to even crazier limits, new Voidwatch monsters include a pink rarab named Monty with 100% Endeath on attacks and attacks that ignore shadows.

Black Mage becomes even more of a bandwagon job when they get the scroll for Super Nova.  The animation is 60 seconds long and creates a gigantic explosion visible from anywhere in the zone.

If you haven't guessed by now, this is all humor.  Happy New Year and keep smiling!

Selan

It's too easy to level in FF now! They need to make it harder.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

Zerila

If they make it harder, everyone will complain!
But yeah, they do need to figure out what people will do with basically endless merits and stuff :P I mean, you get tons of XP just doing stuff like Voidwatch and Abyssea NMs... I shouldn't be able to get 4 merits in a night without even intending to!  :o

Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Majestica

I can't believe how fast we leveled to 30. And I swear the Samurai flag quest baddies seemed so much easier than before. The fast leveling is nice though, for someone like me who has already done it all before and am trying to catch back up ;) I think nubs should be required to get 1 75 the old fashioned way, then they unlock the uber fast leveling of today. =) lol
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Malikai

Haha Maj! That'd be great.