• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Remember when...

Started by Areya, August 08, 2012, 01:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Areya

It's a post where we talk about how the game USED to be!

Remember all the horrors of yesteryear FFXI?

Goblin Smithies zoned to Kazham, or Yuhtunga zone, and then they'd come back and kill every party camped along the way?

What about Wingrats trains in Citadel or crawler trains in Crawler's Nest?

Seeking party for hours and having it disband because there was no Red Mage or Bard around in your level range?

An era where Haubergeons, Osodes, and Optical Hats were endgame gear?

Post more thoughts!

Majestica

Ooooh I remember when someone let me borrow their scorpion harness once. They were like 5mil at the time? Lol....
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Areya

And now Scorpion Harnesses are like 20k!

Ariamo

When there were a lot of fishers and bot fishers before the Goblin Bounty Hunters were implemented.

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Areya

What about all the Rusty Cap fishers in Rabao, back before they both changed fishing and changed the vendor prices?

Zenyagi

Just spent the last couple hours listening to FFXI music, mostly Zi'tah, Gustaberg, and Rolanberry, and am in major nostalgia mode atm. <3 those tunes. (trying to learn the Zitah piano collections version). I would spend hours fishing in Zitah, sure the fish you get there were pretty much useless, but the music and scenery more than made up for that.

I remember reaching my 1st lvl 75 fighting skeles in King Ranperre's Tomb with my static xp pt; Saeki, Aerin, Liche, Mellia, and Laess (they called us SMAZLL ^^; corny, yes, but fun).

And discovering the awesomeness that was BST (despite the "lolbst? um. yeah go brd please). Singing Pink Floyd tunes in the LightsTemplar RP ls while a mischarm and would-be xp target ate my face.

I could go on, but prolly babbled enough for now. Sure do miss the game, no game has come close to being as much fun since (and only Uncharted Waters: New Horizons can match FFXI all time for me).

(off topic a bit, sorry, but I am trying to get back in game... not lookin so good. Zeny may be perma-dead ;; )

Majestica

ZENNY!!!! What happened, why are you perma dead?! Come back anyways, remake! Chris and I got to 99 in a matter of weeks, and we moved in between all those weeks so it can surely be done faster! You know you have tons of help if you want to come back and start over. =) WE WILL REBUILD YOU, BETTER THAN BEFORE!!! ;)
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Areya

We can rebuild him?  We have the technology?

How about the days of fighting at the moon camp in Ro'Maeve or the skeletons in KRT?  Party setups like NIN/WAR, DRK/THF, WAR/NIN, BRD/WHM, BLM/RDM, RDM/WHM?  NIN vokes, TP macros are exchanged, WAR opens SC with Mistral Axe, then DRK Sneak Attack Spinning Slashes onto the Ninja for Light?  Then the RDM and BLM land massive Magic Bursts!

Majestica

Skillchains and magic bursts.... those were the days!!

Nulani

Quote from: Majestica on August 14, 2012, 02:15:33 PM
Skillchains and magic bursts.... those were the days!!
Don't remind me. ;_;
Evil is Good.

Ariamo

Maintenance Marathons that lasted for 10+ hours!

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Zenyagi

Hey, those KRT parties using SC + MB could rake in 5 - sometimes even 6k xp/hour! (if there wasn't another pt there stealing mobs).

I also remember leveling WAR in those days, wanting to use GAXE but getting forced to go dual axe, because LOLgaxe ^^;.

Majestica

6k an hour. O.O We get like 6k/10 minutes now!

Areya

Don't forget the crowds at Dragon's Aery just waiting for Fafnir/Nidhogg to pop.  And people would .dat remove the Darters!  And Spike Flail mauling anyone!

Now it's all just forced pop..

Lunet_Moon

Neat eh a memory thread ok let's see *pulls out a treasure chest and opens*  I remember leveling WHM and having not just 1 but 2 Bards asking to static with me.  One was a cute Taru with world domination ambitions and the cutest laugh that was a nice time.  Later a kitty insisted I level with her and we spent that time at the beach fighting camels and gobs fun times indeed, until a random bomb would blow up at the start.  Then it got thrilling.  Mew!
If you forgot who I was that's okie.  Chances are I've forgotten you too. Don't fret after all the rediscovery is always the best part!

Areya

Quote from: Lunet_Moon on August 15, 2012, 03:29:44 AM
One was a cute Taru with world domination ambitions and the cutest laugh

And she still has ambitions of world domination!

LoneKenT

Game crash every time I hit alt-tab or accidentally hit the window start button

Zenyagi

I also remember when a Lunetmoon stole my Rune Axes ( just joking ^^; )

Majestica

I remember this one day in Qufim Island, when I was leveling my very first job, a level 20 RDM. I built a party and invited a little taru WHM, and from that day on we were inseparable ;) I thought it was so awesome when he got 25 and learned RAISE! lol