• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

Returning newcomer in search of a great LS...

Started by Lilliana, November 16, 2007, 01:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilliana

... and here was where I was directed to.

Now, I know a lot of LS'es have level guidelines, so I may be shooting myself in the foot here, but I've an old player picking it up again after 2 years out, and still relearning the ropes. I've only hit lvl 7 BLM and 3 RDM so far in a month soloing, but things seem to be coming back to me.

I'm a Mithra in Windy looking to work on my cooking and fishing skills, as well as become a strong mage - whichever mage class that ends up being. I prefer BLM or RDM but at the same time look forward to checking out the advanced jobs when I get there.

Last time I played (at US release) I only got to lvl 17 before leaving but really want to get embroiled in the game again, probably having more patience at my ripened RL age of 25 might help :D

Looking mainly for something fun and social with good people that might be able to answer an out of the blue question now and again. Any cookers here by any chance?

-Lilliana

Zerila

We don't have any level requirements, just personality requirements. You must be fun to talk to! ;)
Oh, and we try to avoid drama as much as possible.

We're all old timers here, most of us have been playing for years, but the new expansion coming out with it's new jobs means that a lot of us will be going through the beginning levels again with those jobs. So, you might have company on your voyage to ultra-magehood :)

We also have a few cooks in the shell. I'm up to 61, and Areya is up to (I think?) 99. As far as answering questions go, as long as you're not asking them a mile a minute, I don't see there being a problem :D

I don't have any objections to you joining the shell. Provided nobody else does, we'll arrange to get you a pearl as soon as we can.

Just out of curiosity, how did you hear about us?
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Lilliana

I was cruising around allakhazam looking for Phoenix server linkshells, and this one came up as an option, followed by reading up and hearing pretty good things about you guys. I'm definitly looking more for a group of cool people to talk with/play with as I try and grind my way up and not so much some sort of "Oh-Em-Gee we be teh UBER" style of group that I've had the unfortunate luck to fall into with WoW, DaoC, and even Diablo II :-/

Seeing how well your LS site was made, plus multiple people that use *gasp* proper english give me optimism should I be allowed in :)

-L

Ariamo

Proper English huh.  Well, I wouldn't mind you joining our ranks...err, I should say, our social group.  But if you anger Ketsuki, I might have to take it upon myself to bake him a cake.

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Areya

Honestly, I'm surprised there's even stuff about our LS..  We're not all that large and lately not even that active, but we attempt to be friendly and/or entertaining.

As for Cooking, I'm a 97.0 + 1 cook at the moment, which I think is the highest on the shell at the moment..  I know Pyo had 100 but he isn't around..  I think the other 100s are gone too.

As for answering questions, if you do join the shell, you'll find out in a hurry that I'm fairly knowledgable about the game..  Not perfect, but I try.

Evanesce

That is sort of surprising, us having information on Alla... perhaps we have illustrious individuals in our LS that stand out or something of that sort?

Anyhow, I hope you have a great time getting back into the game ^^ I quit a few months ago and miss it here and there, but mostly I don't have time to play anyhow, so it's all good~ Also, I'd like to verify any claims of knowledge in Lucky; Areya is, in particular, quite sagacious, as are several of the other members.
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~

Zerila

Areya is often referred to as the "Reywiki" :)
I tried to get people to use "Zerwiki", but had no takers! I need to work on my knowledge base  :-\
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Lilliana

Pardon my still relative newness, but how do I know if I got invited in? Would someone go yay or nay? :)

*shrugs* Really don't know how it works, heh.

-L

Areya

I don't think anyone has objections.  Mostly we just get objections if it's someone who has a history on the server of undesirable behavior, or maybe they're just rude or such.

Since you haven't played in ages and didn't level very high I seriously doubt that's an issue.

Just poke a sackholder for a pearl.  Ryudei, Sheilah, Ketsuki, Zerila, or myself are all good candidates.  Although Ketsuki is afk an awful lot....

Cilai

Welcome to Lucky!~
I don't get online much but I love helping people when I can. If you have cooking questions I have a whole notebook of answers  ;D It's been a long time since I leveled it, but I literally have a notebook of info tucked away in my desk and I'd be happy to share  :D I tracked everything up through level 68 where I stopped when I quit the game a while back. One of these days I'm going to get back around to leveling it some more  ::)

Evanesce

Rey, when you said that, I just realized that I can't give people Pearls anymore (well, among other things =p). Phooey.
Welcome to the Glompificate Nation of Luck-Related, Cookiefied Rainbowisms! ~LuckyLS~*Phoenix*~Evanesce~