• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

For EVERYONE who is going to be playing XIV.

Started by Malikai, August 27, 2010, 03:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avani

zerila said lots started off in gridania.

I am Avani Waters if you happen to see me!

JstJnxy

well i am in wutai and cornelia now.. im jnxy arrada..may endup changing the last name though (somehow)

Kyuuketsuki

Majestica

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Furyhunter

I'm Furyhunter Bloodhoof on Cornelia, Gridania, just a heads up.

Avani

I just added everyone on this thread but no one's on line though O_o....not even one of you.

<-- Avani Waters

Kageneko

negotiator

ah fun with after fx.
good vid for those that couldn't understand it.

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

JstJnxy

so um..what times does everybody play?? i made a char on cornelia and like..never see anybody on =(  so i havent really lvled on that server yet =(

Kageneko

Lots of goodies from the prelive event

Some of the big ones:
- Leve timer will be reduced from 2 days
- UI less laggy for retail
- Anima regen rate increased!
- Changing class will save your ability setup (no spending 5mins rebinding all your skills)
- Okotes camping returns! (NMs being introduced)

http://www.ffxivblog.com/content.php/363-FFXIV-Prelive-Event-Upcoming-Features-and-Changes?commentid=3215

Kyuuketsuki

Did you end up changing your last name, Jnxy? I tried adding you to my flist a few times but it never works;;

Zerila

I confess, I haven't spent a whole lot of time playing since that first day... I've had stuff I wanted to do in XI, and all the beta stuff will get wiped out anyway... Plus, I don't want to spoil ALL of the surprise! I mainly just wanted to find out if it would run on my pc (it does, though I have to crank down some settings more than I would like :(

Anyway, I got the collector's edition, so I'll see you guys next week for sure :)
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

JstJnxy

omg i am dumb..i spelled it wrong..on wutai its jnxy arrada and on cornelia its jnxy aradda...ugh lol only one r ..sorry =(

Kyuuketsuki

XD Whooops! I have you added now haha. I'll look for you when I'm on! Which tends to be in the afternoon and night! Not quite as much during the week though.

Anyways, beta ends Sunday! I wonder if the open beta server names are the same as the retail names! We need to get organised come next Wednesday! (Well, for those that got the CE... XD)

negotiator

ok so most of my time was testing out graphics and machanics.  2 PCs almost identical, one with an nvidia 9800gtx, other with an ati 3870.
Tried every setting from ugly to best, and the resulting frame rates were the same... give or take a 2-3 frame difference.  In the end I
left everything on high DoF/ AC off at 1600x900 windowed.  Full screen does help a little tho.  A lot of people with newer cards had the same crappy frame rates in towns and better on the field.  We should be used to that  ;)  This was beta tho' and I just don't think it was
optimized well and it may never be.  Hopefully drivers can help a little in the future.   Also don't have RAM with different timings/speed installed.

Pay attention to detail:
Character creation has more depth than you may initially think.  Each base face for a race changes the rest of customization options like eyes,nose, mouth, scars/tattoos/tails.

For anyone that hasn't tried the beta, everything is pretty much through the main menu.  If you're scratching your head on trying to check or activate something...check the menu. 

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

ikethegreat

I just got the email that my game copy will be arriving today!  I'll see you guys on Cornelia tonight!  I got a couple hours to figure out a good name...

ikethegreat

Zerila

Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Kyuuketsuki

I could believe it. Was hard finding mawbs last night to xp off of. That sucks! Hopefully they open more servers or something to deal with overcrowding. It's a nightmare finding people at the low level camps right now;;;;

Areya

Honestly can't say I'm surprised.  And the scary thing is, the second wave of people hasn't even hit yet.