• Welcome to Lucky Linkshell - Phoenix .

ShoutBox!

Recent

Donate

Donate a little to help pay for server costs

For EVERYONE who is going to be playing XIV.

Started by Malikai, August 27, 2010, 03:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerila

From the Lodestone:
"We previously informed you that character creation on certain worlds had been suspended, but we are pleased to announce that character creation on the Cornelia World, Gysahl World, Mysidia World, Figaro World, Selbina World, Lindblum World has now been reinstated as the congestion in these worlds has eased up.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused."
Join the Pixie Preservation Society today!
The only membership requirement is that you can't have killed any pixies :)

Kageneko

I think the general goal for everyone in the CE early start should be to get their main DoW class out of the lvl 1 camp asap, lvl 10 if possible  ;D

Majestica

I was just looking at all the different classes on the website. What classes is everyone starting out with? I can't decide... a few of them look fun to me =) Can't wait til my game gets here!!!
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

negotiator

right now a big problem is that they shut out cornelia.  I can't even make my alt.  guess we'll see what happens on the 30th.

maj you can pretty much start off with anything.  you'll be able to mix and match skills from different jobs onto your main basically making your own class.

negotiator/bigo/kaiten/clare quicksword     http://luckysuccors.enjin.com/home

Majestica

Yaaay we are leaving for West Palm Beach tomorrow afternoon and by the time we get home my game should be here =D
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." -Abraham Lincoln

Areya

They're having entirely too many crowding issues already...

Kageneko

Hey Maj, you'll probably end up lvling more than one class just to get certain class abilities from them before settling on a main.  I for one lvld conj 4, marauder 10, and pug 6 just for their healing abilities.  I've settled on maining lancer and have it @12 atm.

If you're like ketsu...who's maining archer, there's not a whole lot of cross class skills you need other than some dmg boosters, since you rain death from afar.

One things for certain crafting if just for the sake of repairing equipment seems almost a necessity.  While the NPC repair can take any equipment except accessories to 75%, the cost increases exponentially as you get higher equip (10k+ to repair my lvl 13 body piece).  Lvling leatherworking is now allowing me to repair the same body piece for just the cost of mats (480gil).

Ariamo

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Kageneko

I've heard it's a congestion issue and people that were not able to create on cornelia at one point were able to later in the day

Ariamo

I can't really play the game with my current compy anyway.  It's super laggy until I get a better one, which is hopefully soon.

Because we live in a pink and fluffy world, that's why.

Kyuuketsuki

I would definitely say to keep trying to get in, the server's definitely not totally full. I've seen people from the Standard Edition which came out yesterday! Maybe they're just trying to limit the influx. Not sure why Cornelia is seemingly popular... *kicks some people off the server*

Areya

Quote from: Kyuuketsuki on October 01, 2010, 07:25:23 PM
Not sure why Cornelia is seemingly popular...

Maybe because it's the first town of the first FF?  *shrug*

Zerila

Quote from: Kyuuketsuki on October 01, 2010, 07:25:23 PM
Not sure why Cornelia is seemingly popular... *kicks some people off the server*

*goes flying* Oh nooooooo!!!!

Kyuuketsuki

Kyuuketsuki

QuoteCharacter creation on certain Worlds have been suspended temporarily due to congestion in certain areas.

The current situation is as follows:

* Character creation will be suspended temporarily when the number of characters in a city-state and its peripheral area or the log-in population on a World exceeds a certain amount.
    * The number of Chocobos next to the World name represents the level of congestion.
    * Even if there are a low number of Chocobos, the character creation will be suspended temporarily when the population on that World exceeds a certain amount.
    * The temporary suspension will be lifted when the congestion eases up.
    * Regarding a World with heavy congestion, the suspension will be lifted after a while after congestion eased up.
    * Even if the log-in population is small at the time, the suspension will last for an extended period if the server experiences congestion during a certain time frame.

D:

Eezypeezy

It seems like they are trying to implement some sort of proactive load-balancing solution so that when one world gets past a certain ceiling threshold number of characters above the average world's number, it gets its account creation suspended until the other servers' character numbers have raised high enough that this server has dropped below the floor threshold of characters above the average world's number. It's nice that they finally (sort of) explained what was going on.

EZPZ
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature I am useless. I must write my signature true. I must write straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me.

Zerila

So, the last couple times I logged in to XIV, nobody was on the Lucky XIV shell.. where is everyone?!  :'(

negotiator

we're around >,> 
hit us up on your friendlist if you can't find anyone.
I'm mostly doing behest to lvl up...and leves if they're available.  Grinding sp is broken and boring.

Ryudei

Haha, yeah the Lucky shell is
pretty empty these days.  Something to do with nobody recruiting I'm sure :p  We're all in a shell called Diamond Adventurer, though we're all still registered in Lucky so you should see us!  I'm on pretty frequently, gimme a tell and I can get you a pearl!

negotiator

Well 1.21 has landed with jobs.  I've gone in to start pld.   Also server mergers coming up.  I pray 2.0 fairs better then the first launch and hey you'll be able to be a manthra or  lady galka.